Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The wilderness years

There's an interview with Tory 'A' lister Louise Bagshawe over at ConservativeHome. Never mind the fact that she's pro-life and favours torturing countryside animals, the bit I like is where, in response to an allegation that she voted Labour in 1997 and 2001, she says: "No, I haven’t! I did join New Labour, but only briefly ten years ago. I was a Tory activist all through our wilderness years." Again.... "all through our wilderness years." I've got news for you, Louise... these ARE your wilderness years.

There's lots more of this stuff. Laughably, she was asked if she would be loyal if put on the 'A' list. Mmmmm. Also, whisper this to Mike Whitby and his all-white, all right male Council leadership, but according to Louise, "The Conservative Party is the best place for women."